You are here
ODBC compliant database
ODBC Database Integration
EzeScan has been providing advanced batch scanning solutions to its document management clients since 2002. With out of the box database integration, EzeScan enables documents to be seamlessly scanned and registered into your ODBC compliant Database.
EzeScan delivers “out of the box” Database integration via ODBC and utilises any TWAIN or ISIS scanner, or MFD (multi-function device) to provide an effective way to batch scan documents, forms and invoices directly into your line of business applications.
EzeScan can also provide a combination of solutions to suit your needs:
- as a personal workstation solution, with a single scanner and desktop
- as a workgroup environment, using separate scanning and indexing workstations
- as an enterprise server solution, where a number of input devices can be monitored for upload of images and metadata to various output systems including ODBC compliant databases.
EzeScan production scanning solutions are built on our base product EzeScan PRO (which includes batch separator technology, inbuilt OCR, and FOI support). It can then be extended to suit your specific document scanning requirements through the addition of optional power indexing and automated capture technologies designed to reduce the time it takes to scan and profile documents.
Utilise advanced features
EzeScan also supports advanced Database features including:
- Easy population of data into database tables
- Validate data from your database
- Database list and lookups of data to save manually re-keying in data that already exists
- Upload data and/or documents (Blob attachment) into your database
- Upload links to documents stored in other locations.
EzeScan can be configured to provide production batch scanning solutions ranging from basic manual data entry workstations to highly automated forms processing systems, all without a per-page scan charge.
- EzeScan PRO + KFI + UPLOAD
Utilising EzeScan PRO and the power indexing capabilities of the KFI & UPLOAD modules, the operator can be guided to input, capture and upload both scanned documents and index data seamlessly into ODBC compliant databases at speeds previously unattainable.
With this configuration you can type in a field value, choose a lookup list value, or capture field values and then use them to populate the Database fields. You also have the choice to reuse fields automatically, or auto populate, saving considerable time not having to re-select the same values. This option provides the fastest and most effective method for profiling batches of documents into ODBC compliant databases.
Additional EzeScan modules are available and can be added at any time to provide further functionality and productivity gains including Barcoding, handwriting, tick box, zonal and smart OCR recognition.